Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Being Thankful

Gratitude should be part of our daily lives, not just something thatwe save for special occasions. When we are thankful for everything in our lives on a daily basis, our attitude changes and we are more focused on the things that matter most. If you can't be greatful for things you have in your life now, how will you ever have more? The more greatful you are, the more you will be blessed.

"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation." -Brian Tracy

"What can you do right now to turn your life around?? Gratitude" The Secret

I have to say, being thankful/greatful is something that has been able to see Jaycen and I through some really rough times. Jaycen has worked only a handful of times since Christmas and it was sporatic before that. I realize that I'm not the only person who has had a significant other in their life that has been unemployed, but it amazes me how much being it affects every aspect of that persons life and your own. Everything becomes so "right now" that the future almost ceases to exist. They are unable to make plans for the future as they can only focus on living day to day, and when will I work again? Through all of the stress, the one thing I keep going back to. Being greatful.

Number one, I am thankful I have an amazing intelligent man in my life who more than anything wants to work. Every day he has a smile on his face even though underneath it all he is borderline depressed. He never lets his frustration get to him. It amazes me how well he can handle the stress.

I have nice clothes, a warm bed, food in my fridge, great family, great friends. I have so much to be thankful for in this life. So when life seems to be getting the best of me and I just want to give up, I start making a list. A list of what I am thankful for and it always brings me back.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing that.
    I agree, that being grateful brings more blessings, and when you're feeling down, the best thing to do is make a list of all the things you're grateful for, like you said.

    ReplyDelete