Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday January 5th, 2009

So, I am new to this whole "blog" thing, but I figured why not?? I always have something to say, why not write it down. :) I sit in front of a computer 8-9 hours a day with not much going on. It should be a good release for me instead of reading the internet front to back every day.

2009 is going to be a great year. I am starting off the year with the most wonderful man on the planet. Boy am I a lucky girl! I have a lot I want to accomplish in 2009, no wasted time this year!!

I am starting my hunter education course tonight at the Lee Kay Center. I am going to apply for tags to go deer or elk hunting in the fall. I am super excited about it. It's something that I've always wanted to do but never had anybody to do it with.

Jaycen and I went to see Body Worlds with my Mom on Sunday. WOW. If you get a chance to see it, this is the last week it will be here in Salt Lake City. There are a lot of people who think it's a bit morbid but to be able to see the anatomy of a human body, and not a plastic version. This is a real-life human body with all organs in tact. Amazing! This is not your typical school anatomy class. They are REAL people REAL muscles, bones, organs that REALLY exist inside everyone of us, and much of us make no effort to take care of ourselves, so maybe this will kick a few people into doing that! You can see what the lungs of a smoker look like, and if you saw it you would quit then and there. It's absolutely disgusting. The most fascinating piece of the exhibit was the babies from conception to birth. You get to see real human babies. I found it very educational, and something that you can't just read in a book. You get to see what the baby inside you looks like from week to week. www.theleonardo.org







No comments:

Post a Comment